Attorney Michael R. Blaskowsky is one of the founding attorneys of the Columbia River Law Group. He represents individual and small business debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases.
Mike has been an attorney since 1984, and since 1997 has been involved exclusively in bankruptcy law, both in private practice and as a legal analyst for the District of Oregon Bankruptcy Court. He has spoken at several continuing legal education seminars, speaks at the Canby High School “Credit Abuse Resistance Education” (CARE), and has coauthored a section of the Oregon State Bar’s treatise on bankruptcy law. He is a member of the Oregon State Bar, and participates in the Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic sponsored by Multnomah County Legal Aid.
Mike earned a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Oregon (Go Ducks!) In 1981, and a J.D. from the University of Oregon School of Law in 1984. While in law school, Mike represented low-income criminal defendants in Lane County Circuit Court, and interned one summer with the Oregon Supreme Court. He is admitted to practice before all Oregon state courts, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon, United States District Court for the District of Oregon, Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Mike enjoys travels around Oregon and Washington with his wife, and tries to get outdoors for hiking and cycling as often as possible.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon
- Oregon Supreme Court
- Oregon Court of Appeals
- Oregon Circuit Courts
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education – Canby High School (Annually).
- 2006 Bankruptcy Reform 2006: The New Basics of Bankruptcy Law CLE (An Overview of the Basic Structure of the New Consumer Bankruptcy Act and Common Terms).
- 2006 OSB Debtor-Creditor Section Saturday Session (Overview of Changes to Bankruptcy Code from 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Act).
- 2004 Bankruptcy Law for Family Law Practitioners CLE (Real Property Issues: Liens and Bankruptcy).
- 2001 14th Annual Family Law Institute CLE (Bankruptcy as a Necessary Tool for Dissolution Clients).
- Co-wrote 2007 Supplement to Oregon State Bar Bankruptcy Law CLE (Chapter 13 – Chapter 7 Overview: Redemption and Reaffirmation).
To arrange a free in-office consultation to learn how bankruptcy can protect you now and help you rebuild your financial future, contact us today!